Back feels a lot better this week. Still a bit tense when I sneeze, still kind of achey in some parts, but feels okay. Going to training tomorrow. Might try for a gentle massage tonight.
--
Hockey Grand Final next Sunday, 11am.
1. don't do myself in!
2. score a goal!
We'll see how that goes. First I have to get through training tomorrow night.
--
Having emerged from the haze of AtlA fanfic (sort of) after reading a lot of the really popular stuff (some of which is good, some of which is...eh), and in the middle of trying to write my own...I'm finding it alternately impossibly draining and psychologically invigorating...at least for the first 5000 words. After that, my ability to write just flows away, into the 'impossibly draining' phase.
*sigh*
I feel like I had more words a decade ago. Two decades ago. Maybe it's perimenopause; maybe I used up all my good words before.
*bigger sigh*
--
On Thursday, I went in to get my phone fixed - it's been having mobile data issues for a while, I wasn't getting any signal anywhere. Some of it might be transferring over to the JB HiFi plan (I feel like I should try to go back to Optus, go for a super-cheap plan) but some of it was almost certainly the phone.
Took it to a guy who looked hands-on and did repairs, he opened up the back (it was cool watching) and discovered the charging board connection to the antenna had cracked. Too much dropping the phone on its head, I suspect. Anyway, replace the charging board and the battery add a new case (cracked - again from dropping it too much) and it was ready to go. Not exactly 'cheap' but cheaper than a new phone. Or even a refurbished one.
I went to the library on Saturday afternoon, in 2 hours, I managed to write 1500 words. Largely because I left my phone in the car and without internet I had zero distractions.
With the month off looming ahead, I'm just thinking that maybe a daily trip to the library for a couple of hours with zero distractions would help me to write. I'd turn off the phone while I was in the library to facilitate the writing. Catch the bus to and from to get into the rhythm of things. That also leaves me time to do things at home in the morning, or maybe the early afternoon.
It's going to be a super-hot summer, and I really need to get things sorted out for the chickens. They need some space that will be cool and which we can herd them into. With bird flu well and around in Australia, I need to get the run covered. The tarp over their coop could do with replacing - a tarp might help keep the wild bird poop from getting in their yard too, so I have to look into that as well...
And every time I look around there's something else to do...
So many things and never enough time.
OH well, just a little bit each day. Maybe.
--
Hockey Grand Final next Sunday, 11am.
1. don't do myself in!
2. score a goal!
We'll see how that goes. First I have to get through training tomorrow night.
--
Having emerged from the haze of AtlA fanfic (sort of) after reading a lot of the really popular stuff (some of which is good, some of which is...eh), and in the middle of trying to write my own...I'm finding it alternately impossibly draining and psychologically invigorating...at least for the first 5000 words. After that, my ability to write just flows away, into the 'impossibly draining' phase.
*sigh*
I feel like I had more words a decade ago. Two decades ago. Maybe it's perimenopause; maybe I used up all my good words before.
*bigger sigh*
--
On Thursday, I went in to get my phone fixed - it's been having mobile data issues for a while, I wasn't getting any signal anywhere. Some of it might be transferring over to the JB HiFi plan (I feel like I should try to go back to Optus, go for a super-cheap plan) but some of it was almost certainly the phone.
Took it to a guy who looked hands-on and did repairs, he opened up the back (it was cool watching) and discovered the charging board connection to the antenna had cracked. Too much dropping the phone on its head, I suspect. Anyway, replace the charging board and the battery add a new case (cracked - again from dropping it too much) and it was ready to go. Not exactly 'cheap' but cheaper than a new phone. Or even a refurbished one.
I went to the library on Saturday afternoon, in 2 hours, I managed to write 1500 words. Largely because I left my phone in the car and without internet I had zero distractions.
With the month off looming ahead, I'm just thinking that maybe a daily trip to the library for a couple of hours with zero distractions would help me to write. I'd turn off the phone while I was in the library to facilitate the writing. Catch the bus to and from to get into the rhythm of things. That also leaves me time to do things at home in the morning, or maybe the early afternoon.
It's going to be a super-hot summer, and I really need to get things sorted out for the chickens. They need some space that will be cool and which we can herd them into. With bird flu well and around in Australia, I need to get the run covered. The tarp over their coop could do with replacing - a tarp might help keep the wild bird poop from getting in their yard too, so I have to look into that as well...
And every time I look around there's something else to do...
So many things and never enough time.
OH well, just a little bit each day. Maybe.
Tags:
no subject
no subject
I might have to find somewhere to do some "hit the ball at a wall" training, though - my eye is terrible right now and even though it's half a week away, I really do need to improve my skills. (I can do that in a couple of days. Sure.)
no subject