Tuesday, August 25th, 2026 07:49 am
sorry my darlings, I'm going to be a "chatty Cathy" this week because of anxiety about the End Of Work.

I re-read through my entries back in 2017 after I finished work (same company, but I was a perm at the time) and looked up how I got the job that I worked in (on and off) until 2019. Apparently it turned out fast. Super fast.

Of course, that was 9 years ago and the work landscape has significantly changed. So has the socioeconomic landscape. And the political landscape.

It was a very different world.

--

These last few days are a little bit bleh - not much to do because I'm handing my workload over. And then I feel vaguely guilty for not having much to do!

This morning, the lawn guy came and snipped, chipped, and trimmed a bunch of things. Nice not to have the lawn all gone wild again!

I'm presently hemming handkerchiefs. After lunch, I might do some writing.

I mean, this is kind of the way it's been tending these last couple of weeks. Even my daily monitoring role has been taken on by the guy who's replacing me and that was the biggest part of my work...

Ooh, it's lunchtime.

--

I bought a box of vegies (and fruit) on their 'last legs' for $10 last night at the local supermarket: 3 avos, 5 bunches of asparagus, about 6 small broccoli (equiv to 2 large ones), 5 potatoes, 2 oranges and a mando, an apple, a parsnip, a zucchini, a capsicum (bell pepper), three cucumbers...

Pretty good value! And today I cooked about half the asparagus and mashed the avos with red onion, garlic, and coriander to make some guacamole. With a couple of eggs, that was quite a satisfactory lunch.

--

Hockey training tonight, although it's raining, I think people are pretty intent on going and getting some team training in...
Tags:
Tuesday, August 25th, 2026 08:04 am (UTC)
Of course you're anxious! It's a lot!
Tuesday, August 25th, 2026 08:19 am (UTC)
That sounds like an excellent box of goodies. I need to use my freebies as well
Tuesday, August 25th, 2026 11:11 pm (UTC)
That sounds likea. great box of veggies!
Wednesday, August 26th, 2026 04:47 am (UTC)
Are you handing the work load over because the job is ending?

The veggies sound good. We have stuff like that but individual bags full of one type of veggie for a cheap price usually under 5 dollars.