August 2026

S M T W T F S
      1
2 34 567 8
9 10111213 1415
1617181920 2122
23 24 25 26 27 2829
3031     

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Friday, August 28th, 2026 06:54 pm
It's pretty much just walk into the office delete all my incriminating files personal stuff, and then hand over the laptop.

Do the timesheets and send them in to my payroll company, even though payroll isn't until the week after.

Deleting all the files on the other work laptop is probably required too. And that's going to be a lot more extensive. I'm probably going to need a USB to get it all off.

Then all the bookmarks for the various browsers, and the history, and the lot...

Oh, now I have to hunt out where all the peripherals that I got are so I can take them back and return them on Monday...

--

It's a fairly quiet weekend for me.

With the hockey grand final on Sunday lunchtime, I'm not doing anything that might cause issues with my back. No gardening, nothing heavy, not climbing up on the roof to clear the gutters...nothing.

Lots of plans. Lots of writing. Lots of stretching.

Hm. Well, actually, I might try going for a short jog at the gym later tonight (as in, right before the wash and going to bed). Just to get the fitness up, because I haven't really done anything for two weeks - in large part because of the back issues. But it's been back to normal the last couple of days - even hard sneezes aren't twinging, thankfully. So it'll be a run tonight, relax tomorrow, and a good solid warm up on Sunday.

There's a 'church community' dinner for my service this weekend - Saturday 6pm, a couple that I know reasonably well but who I'm not hugely friendly with. And six other people: five of whom are in my regular Thursday night trivia group and the sixth is also a friend. I was kind of hoping for people I don't know really well, but ah well. There'll be opportunity to get to know them better.

--

Next week, the plan is to do a lot of writing. Probably mostly fanfic, but maybe I could try to get back into the swing of profic again.

--

Apparently the Zutara Big Bang has just gone live, and will be posting for the next 5 days.

I'm going to slowly work my way through the fics over the next week, I think.